Configuring your Netgear router let’s you use the Wi-Fi from your existing modem and remove all the internet connectivity issues. Netgear routers come with the user-friendly web interface that makes the Netgear router setup process quick and easy. If you have purchased the new brand model of the Netgear router then here is the step by step blueprint on how to configure your Netgear router. Before you configure the Netgear router, you need to install it. Have a look at the installation and configuration steps:
What you need to start the Netgear Router Setup?
- A DSL/Cable Modem
- A wireless device full with a browser
- Internet Connection
- Ethernet Cables
- Host and Domain Name
- Network Name and Password
How to configure you Netgear Router?
There are two ways to set up the Netgear device. You can configure the Netgear router with:
- With the Netgear Genie Interface
- With the Smart Wizard Interface
We will explain both the methods one by one. Read the instructions carefully to configure your router properly.
Netgear Router Setup with the Netgear Genie Interface
- First of all, turn off the modem as well as Netgear router.
- Now, connect the modem to the Internet port on the Netgear device via an Ethernet cable.
- Next, use another Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the LAN port on the Netgear router.
- Switch on the modem and wait for the LED to become steady.
- Turn on the Netgear router and wait for the power LED to turn green.
- On your PC, launch a browser and browse to the www.routerlogin.net.
- Now, log into the router’s configuration page using the login credentials.
- Click ‘Login’ and the Netgear Genie interface appears.
- Click the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Click the ‘Setup Wizard’ tab. Follow the online instructions to complete the setup process. Click ‘Yes’ to detect the Internet Connection type. Click ‘Next’.
- Now, click the ‘Take me to the Internet’ tab to test the connection.
Netgear Router Setup with the Smart Wizard Interface
- Connect all the devices using the Ethernet cable as mentioned above.
- Next, log into the smart wizard interface of the Netgear router through www.routerlogin.net.
- Enter the username and password on the Netgear router login page. Click ‘Login’.
- On the configuration page, click on the ‘Setup Wizard’ option.
- When prompted to detect the Internet Connection type, click ‘Yes’.
- Click ‘Next’ when the connection type is detected.
- Now, enter the PPPoE username and password in the required fields.
- Enter all the required information which is provided by your ISP.
- Click ‘Apply & Save’.
- Next, click the ‘Router Status’ under ‘Maintenance’ option to check the status of the Internet connection.
If you face problem in connecting to the Wi-Fi after configuring the router then try updating the firmware of the Netgear router. If you still face problem, reset your router to the factory defaults.
Hope, this article helped you know how to configure your Netgear router. For more information related to the Netgear router, contact us. Dial our toll-free no. or chat live through a live chat window.