Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 router delivers Wi-Fi speeds up to 1900 Mbps. Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 setup is ideal for bandwidth hungry activities like streaming, online gaming, etc. It is powered by a dual-core 1GHz processor. This device equipped with the high-powered amplifiers along with antennas that provide Wi-Fi coverage anywhere around your home. It supports upstream Quality of Service optimized for online gaming by gamers. Nighthawk features downstream QoS to prioritize streaming traffic like YouTube, Netflix, etc. This article will guide you on the Netgear router setup along with the Netgear login process. Let’s have a look at the instructions below.
What you need to perform the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Setup?
- DSL/cable modem
- A wireless device with a full browser
- Ethernet cables and power cords
- An active Wi-Fi connection
- Network key and password key
Connect the Devices
- First of all, attach the antennas and place your Netgear router at an appropriate location.
- Place your router at a place where all the devices and your computer operate.
- Make sure your router is within the reach of the power source.
- Now, unplug the modem and remove the battery.
- Now, plug in and power on the modem. After that, connect the modem to the Internet port of the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Take another Ethernet cable and connect the computer to one of the LAN ports of the AC1900 router.
- Next, connect the Nighthawk router to the power source and switch it on.
- Your router’s power LED lights solid white that means your router is ready for setup.
Connect to the Network
- Make sure that your PC is connected to the Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi LED of the router lights up.
- Look for the Wi-Fi network name and password on the bottom of your Netgear Nighthawk router and note down it.
- Enter the network name and password key and connect your computer to the router’s Wi-Fi network.
Log into the Netgear Nighthawk Router
- Open the web browser on your PC and enter the Netgear login default address www.routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Now, enter the login username and password at the second window when asked to.
- The default username is “admin” and password is “password” for both the cases.
- Click ‘Login’ to access the router’s dashboard.
Configure the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900
- Next, a dashboard displays on your computer screen.
- You need to select the proper connection and type for internet setup under the Internet and settings tab.
- Follow the online instructions and your device is ready to use after the configuration.
- You can make other changes in the settings as per your requirement.
- Next, click ‘Apply’ to save the settings. You have completed the Netgear router setup successfully.
How to change the admin password of the Nighthawk AC1900 Router?
Here are the steps to change the admin password of your Netgear Nighthawk router:
- First of all, log into the Nighthawk router using www.routerlogin.net.
- When the Netgear login page appears, enter the username and password and press ‘Login’.
- On the router’s configuration page, select the ‘Advanced’ settings.
- Click the ‘Set Password’ under the ‘Administration’ settings.
- Now, type the old as well as new password in the required fields.
- Re-confirm the new password and click ‘Save’.
- Now, enable the Password Recovery option. By doing this you would be able to recover your password.
How to reset the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Router?
If you run into problems during the Netgear router setup process then you can reset it to the factory defaults. Follow the below steps to reset your router:
- Use a paper clip to press the reset button on the Netgear device.
- Next, hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds
- Release the button when you see the orange light on the power LED.
- Once reset, your device restarts automatically and the power LED becomes solid white.
In case you have any other query related to the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Setup, you can take our assistance. We have a dedicated team of router experts who are available 24*7 to provide you assistance. Dial our toll-free no. or chat live with us.